How to distinguish 304 stainless steel plate and 201 stainless steel plate?
304 stainless steel sheet is suitable for food processing, transportation and storage. It is a widely used stainless steel sheet. Let me sharewith you how to distinguish between 304 stainless steel sheet and 201 stainless steel sheet.
1. From a distance, 304 stainless steel sheet and 201 stainless steel sheet have the same luster and matte color. But we can identify it inother ways. If you observe directly with the naked eye at close range, the color of 304 is saturated and bright, and feels very smooth to thetouch; while in the case of 201, it will be slightly darker, with low color saturation, and feel a little rough to the touch. In the water test, thewatermark on the surface of 304 is very easy to remove, while the treatment of 201 is very troublesome
2. Distinguish by the grinding machine: when grinding 304 stainless steel sheet, the sparks are short and few, while the 201 is theopposite, the sparks are splashing and more. When you use this method to distinguish, you must maintain the same polishing intensity.
3. Distinguish by stainless steel pickling paste: apply the lotion to 304 and 201 and observe the color change; if the color is white or notdiscolored, it is 304: on the contrary, if it is black, it is 201.
4. The chemical formula is different the chemical formula of 201 is 1 Cr17mn6ni5 and the chemical formula of 304 is 06cr19ni10: themain difference between them is the element of nickel and chromium 304 is 19 chromium and 10 nickel,and 201 is 17 chromium and 5 nickel.
5. Different performance: Because the content of nickel is different, the corrosion resistance of 201 is far less than that of 304, and the acidand alkali resistance of 201 is not as good as that of 304. Because 201 has higher carbon content than 304, 201 is harder and little than 304. 304 has better understanding scratching the surface of 201 with a hard knife will generally have observed scratches, while the scratches on 304 will not be observed.